Model 1 Construction
- 13 craft sticks
- 4 half craft sticks
- Five 3 inch lengths of 1/4 inch dowell rods
- Five small rubber bands
- Card Stock or Poster Board
- Masking Tape
- Two types of arches are required. Three 3-Part Arches (top) and Two 4-Part Arches (bottom).
- Line up three craft sticks for the construction of a Three Part Arch.
- For the 4-Part Arch line up two craft sticks and position half craft sticks at each end. The curved end of the half craft stick should point outward.
- Tape the adjacent end of the craft sticks together.
- Circle with tape at least three times.
- Position the ends of the arches over a strip of masking tape with the sticky side up.
- All ends should be touching .
- The 3-part arches should be in the middle and on the outside.
- Wrap the tape over the top of the arch ends.
- Repeat the process for the other end.
- Weave the five dowell rods through the arches.
- They should be positioned above the arches without tape, and under the arches with tape.
- Small rubberbands may be used to stabilize the structure.
- They are best used only on the underside.
- Card Stock can be used to surface the bridge