Model 5 Construction
- 82 craft sticks
- Five small rubber bands
- Masking Tape
- Align three craft sticks end-to-end and connect with tape circling both adjacent ends.
- Repeat the above step four more time ending up with five arches.
- Align two craft sticks end-to-end and connect with tape circling both adjacent ends.
- Repeat the above step three more time ending up with four arches.
- Line up the five longer arches side-by-side leaving a width equal to a craft stick in between them.
- Position single craft sticks between the arches as indicated in the above image.
- Secure the structure by wraping tape completely around them as indicated.
- Position the four shorter arches above the completed structure in such a way as to cover the gaps and position these shorter arches in the very center of the structure.
- Tape the shorter arches securely in place at each end.
- Completely circle the entire apparatus in taping.
- Turn the apparatus over and push the short arches up through the gaps.
- Refer to the image at step 9 for a better visual reference for the next two instructions.
- Insert five craft sticks between the angle formed by the short arches as shown in the above image.
- Insert four craft sticks below the long arches and above the short arches as illustrated.
- Secure the side braces with small rubberbands.
- Construct a bridge surface by arranging craft sticks side-by-side and taping them together on both sides and below.
- Use enough craft stick to slightly exceed the length of the bridge surface.
- Secure the surface to the bridge with rubberbands.
- A view of the underside of the bridge on completion.